Monday, August 18, 2008

Fast Food Restaurants

I don't believe that I have many pet peeves, but stupid people are definitely the biggest one! I HATE stupid people. I don't know why they just annoy the ever living shit out of me. I do not think that people that work at fast food restaurants have ever been accused of being the sharpest tools in the toolbox, but it seems as if they are getting dumber than ever. I would bet that a few years ago they any given fast food joint would fuck up my order probably 3 out of 10 times. I would bet that now it seems like they fuck it up in someway at least 60% of the time. I may be just the 1 unlucky soul in this department, but I seriously doubt it. They don't even have to fuck up the order to show you how stupid they are. It really just shows in the questions they ask you when you order.
I have a quizno's by my house and I get a sandwich for lunch there at least 3 times a week. First of all, If I worked there and someone went there that often and ordered the same fucking thing every single time I probably would not even have to ask them what they want. Oh no, not these fucking idiots. This is an example of my normal exchange w/ the same woman every time I go there.
Dumb Idiot Bitch: What can I make for you today?
Me: I would like a regular oven roasted turkey w/ only extra cheddar cheese.
DIB: Would you like tomatoes on that?
Me: (very calmly) No thank you, Only cheddar cheese.
DIB: You don't even want mayonaise?
Me: No, I only want meat and cheese on the bread. I don't even want the little sprinkles ya'll put on the sandwiches. After that you can put it through the little toaster machine!
DIB: Ok sir no Problem. (At this point they make the sandwich and put the sprinkles half the time anyway.)

After a few moments, the sandwich comes out of the toaster and the same girl gets it and does one of two things. This is every single time I might add. She either takes it upon herself to just put lettuce on it or she says " You don't even want lettuce on your sandwich?"
When she goes w/ option one I really get aggravated b/c she tries to start picking it off and says would you like me to make you another one? I usually say yes just so she can start to be as aggravated as I now am. If she goes with option two, I usually say something to the effect of " Does only meat and cheese include lettuce?" She replies very seriously and not sarcastic (as far as I can tell) No I guess it doesn't.
She then wraps up my sandwich and rings it up.
This is the strangest part. I get this same sandwich and a Gatorade every time 3 days a week. I swear that my total has not come out to be the same amount 2 times in a row ever. It totally amazes me.

Anyway I am curious if anyone else feels the same way as this absolutely annoys the shit out of me. I go through this every single time I go there. I really would love to not go there b/c I feel like I get dumber every time I walk in, but it is right by my house and I really do not like Subway.
Nothing poker related for today. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Any comments regarding this would be welcomed if anyone happens to read this. Am I just the stupid one? Maybe so.
Take care!

5 comments:

Matt Bryant said...

You're definetly not the only one who suffers from these idiots. My girlfriend can attest to my hatred to the stupid people at FF resturants. The Burger King in Morgan City may be the worst fast food resturant ever. They are SUPER SUPER SLOW and rarely get my order right. The KFC/Taco Bell isn't much better. At least they have more complicated shit to screw up... I mean seriously, burger joints listen.. I WANT MEAT, CHEESE, BREAD!! How fucking hard is that?!? Maybe if I order for an entire family, I can assume an error now and then. But when I go alone and say, "I want a #4, plain w/cheese, with a coke", how do you hand it to me with a field full of shit?? Maybe we can meet weekly and discuss this so I don't end up pulling one of them out of the pick-up window.

Southpawrounder said...

I actually laughed outloud on the "pull them out of the window comment."

C.S. said...

My pet peeve is I get shorted maybe 6 out of 10 times with change. 1 time at McDonalds the dude asked me if he could have the penny he owed me. Sure, no problem with that, you need a penny bad enough to ask... here's a dollar.

Most don't ask they just steal. Usually you'll get part of your change because nobody counts it, I probably shouldn't because I'm always short, but what I really hate is if I'm owed a nickel or a penny and they just give me the receipt and close the window especially at the 2 window joints you are supposed to just move along and they will ignore you for close to two minutes. I don't care about a penny but the principal. Why the f should they just keep it. I always ask for it, and they are always indignant when I want my correct change. Tell you what, you can start keeping my change if you ever make a mistake in my favor, otherwise if it's just a penny or a nickel give me the one you owe me and give me one of your own. Didn't think so.

Tiltin Texan said...

Hey southpaw is it that young tall white girl with the dead look in the eyes? That dumb bitch served me today. Her help was no genius either as I was the only customer and they could not figure out that one of them had to check me out. It was the ebony and ivory version of Dumb and Dumber. If you seen that girls boyfriend it doesnt take long to figure out what part of town she is from.

Whatever you do dont go apeshit until you get your food, These lowlife kreetons will moleste your food.

Ever try to order a shake after 9 pm? Every machine in the country is broke down. I even tried this test up north in Virginia and Maryland. Yep it is Mcdonalds, BK policy evidently.

GeneD said...

I have a small tolerance for idiots myself. I stopped eating in Fast Foood resturants because of this exact thing...I figured it saved me a jail term or 2.