Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Fun Night at Shorty's

Wednesday at Shorty's lived up to the hype once again as the small poker room in Baldwin was buzzing w/ all sorts of people that wanted to play poker and really not much of a clue how to do it. When arriving it took about 30 minutes to get a seat in the game and when I did it was not the best of lineups. I sat in the 4 seat and had two of the best players that play there to my right driving much of the action. A kid named Cody and Tim Hebert. The only pot I can even remember at this table was a hand where I put the straddle on and 3 limped in. Tim popped it to $65 in the blind and I just called w/ KK on the straddle and one straggler behind called. Flop was 9-8-2, Tim checked and I bet and took down the pot. This was the only pair I had bigger than 99 in the 7 or 8 hours I played. That was not meant as a complaint as I am completely fine w/ that is this game.
I did witness possibly the most blatent slow roll I have ever seen. We are only 6 handed as we are waiting for the table to fill back up after the tournament had just started. This old man opens the pot for 25 after I had limped as I was seeing just about every flop shorhanded and he gets 2 callers and I decide to sit this one out. The flop comes 9 high and Tex leads for 40 into the pot from the blind. This kid on my right calls and the old man makes it 140. At this point I think even the people playing black jack in the pits are aware that this old man has atleast JJ. Well this kid is not convinced and calls the hundred after a minute of deliberation. The turn is a 7 and the kid checks and the old man bets 300 to set the kid in as he has 280 left. The kid starts thinkin out loud how he is not sure how he could lay it down and everyone at the table is looking at each other wondering why not! He decided to call and reluctantly puts his chips in the pot. The old man holds his hand out and says and I quote "Good Call, Nice Hand" Everyone at the tables head snaps around in amazement and I am already questioning my read of the hand. The kid then proudly(all of a sudden) flips over his Ace 9 and I look back at the old man with a you have to be shitting me kind of look. He looks at me, shakes his head for about 5 seconds(seemed like 5 minutes if you know what I mean) and then tables QQ. What the fuck was that about! The whole table went nuts including Gene D as I believe he may have something to say about this at some point. I was truly shocked as this guy is always in the poker room and really does know better.

Anyway, after that happened a few of us go eat and I comeback only to have the entire table pissed that I have been gone for 2 hours. They actually called my name on the intercom so I called the poker room and he said I had 2 minutes to get back. I told him that wasn't gonna happen and it said he was gonna have to pick me up. I was ok w/ that and took my time. When I did get there I found that he decided to not pick me up so I sat right in my seat. About half the table was pissed as I believe I had 5 buttons. Oh well! I proceeded to win like 5 of the first 9 hands that I played and added about 500 to my stack. There really aren't many hands that stick out b/c it was one of those night where you look down and you are up a couple of buyins w/out doing very much. I love those nights as I did not play any big pots and just kind of won the ones that nobody else wanted. We racked up and made it home fairly early. I hope to visit them again this weekend. We'll see.

" Hey Braaa why'd you slow roll him like that. That's fucked up!"
-GeneD after old fuck slow rolled the young kid.

2 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

He even did that shit to GeneD. Everyone at the table should gang up on that fuk and show bluffs and one card peeks and super slow roll his ass. Dude you better hope the Captain never sits at a table with you.

"Are you not entertained!!!"
Maximus in Gladiator