Friday, September 5, 2008

In Tunica

Sorry for the delay folks. The internet has been a bit hard to get to recently.
I am currently in Tunica and have been here since getting the boot from the Beau at about 4am sunday.
As the site was updated by Bill I believe, I finished 18th in event number 2 at the Beau. It was a decent cash. It could have been really special, but I have still not learned how to win w/ AA when I get it allin preflop. A guy shipped it w/ kj off and I called w/ AA and the flop promptly came kk8. The turn was a jack and this guy said and I quote "wrap it up he's drawing dead" I do not think i have every wanted to hit a card so bad in my life. This guy did not even realize that I could beat him w/ one of the 2 aces. Go figure.
I played the 1st $500 event at the Beau which I believe had about 440 players. There is nothing that I remember eventful from that event except for the fact that I ran out of chips(busted) w/ around 90 players left.

I got to Tunica really expecting to have a decent amount of action. I was severely disappointed. I signed up for the nightly at the Goldstrike and gene was also in this tourney as well. There were only 44 others for the event. I chipped up early and then called a raise w/ JJ and saw a flop heads up. The flop was QJ6 I believe. The preflop rzr checks and I bet out. He ships it allin and I ofcourse call. He has QQ and my stack was crippled. I busted shortly b/f the break. These things happen and I was not upset in the least. I have been running well and if I have to take a beat like this i much rather it be in a tourney of this size.

I told myself and my wife that I would not play another tourney until Thursday when the events started at Harrah's. That lasted until Wednesday when I signed up for the bounty tourney at the horseshoe. It is a total of $130 to get in w/ 90 to the prize pool, 15 registration fee, and a $25 bounty for knocking out players. One super bounty was picked at random b/f the tourney started. This player gets $100 for his troubles and the player that knocks him out gets $125.
The Tourney director told me they get about 60 for this tourney (bullshit) so I signed up and went screw off for an hour or so. I came back to start the tourney and was less than thrilled to see 3 tables of 7. What the F**K. Do people not play poker anymore. Anyway you start w/ 2k in chips and I busted 1 player w/ a flush and take 70% of another players chips on the very first hand of the tourney. So this started nicely. I collected his bounty and got another shortly after. So I am sitting there w/ 7500 35 minutes into the tourney. The I set my sites on the super bounty and decide turn my attention toward him. He raises to 200 at 25/50 and I call on the button w/ 10 9 dd (which i woulda done anyway). The flop comes out 8d 7c 3c. Super Bounty bets out 600 and I settle on a call. I thought about pushing, but decided against it. The turn was a beautiful jd giving me the nut straight and a str8 flush draw. The SB bets out 900 and I put him in for his remaining 850. He calls and shows AKcc and hits his flush on the river. This would have given me a ridiculous chipstack and the $125 bounty giving me a profit of $70 on the tourney and freerolling w/ a huge stack. Oh well. We ended up playing to 5 handed and I lost 2 races for the chiplead and to knock out a player. We chopped after the blinds went to 500/100 w/ a 100 ante b/c since only 21 players started there were no chips in play. The biggest stack w/ 13k and i had right around 9. We chopped evenly for what amounted to be right around 2nd place money. Seemed like a no brainer.

I played even 1 at Harrahs today. $340 buyin w/ 8k in chips and an excellent structure. I was pleasently surprised. It got about 150 players and I was bounced around 60th or so. May play tommorow. I believe it is a $700 event. That is a bit strange I thought. We'll see.

I have not talked about many hands but I will try to do that later maybe. I had a few from the tourney at the beau, but this is already to long.
Goon I will try to do something about the color. I would hate to hurt your eyes.

I hope the 5 of you that read this are safe and dry from the storms. I will be in touch and hope that Ike stays away. I may be here through next Friday we will see.
Stay dry!

2 comments:

the"Honest"player said...

if i'm one of five that reads this, does that make elite or a loser??...i can't wait for the hands so i can i learn some stuff....i'm sure u know, but if u don't..you're fence is leaning a little bit but i'm sure u can get your neighbor to fix it for u

Goondingy said...

That's what I'm talking about my brudda!
You always tend to have nice runs, when was your last dryspell, '05? Keep doing work up there!