Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Starting to Think About Vegas A Little More

I played online for the first time in a few weeks last night. I played 1 $26 45 man sng on Full Tilt. I finished 2nd after missing an open ended draw heads up and outchipped. I then did a few things around the house and took a shower and brought my laptop to the back and started looking around a few sites to see what events were going on when Jerrard and I are in Vegas in June. It really kinda started to excite me I must say as I have not made it out there in 2 years or so. The Venetian has there dates and structures posted for the Deepstack event. The WSOP naturally has there things up, and Binions has the schedule up as well. This all led me to start wondering about the tourneys that Full Tilt is running for the WSOP. I decided to check it out and low and behold that had a $215 one w/ 2 seats guaranteed for a 2k WSOP event.

I stewed around a bit and decided to play it. This would start a rollercoaster of events that would last about 3.5 hours. It was a great structure for the 34 players that signed up. I saw my chipstack go from 3k(starting stack) up to 5400 and down to 1400 and back to 4k b/f the end of the 2nd level. This is where the craziness started. While sitting on 4800 in chips and the blinds at 100/200 I got smoked for almost my entire stack. At the end of this hand I was left with a paltry 241 chips and on the button. I decided to wait for either a decent hand or my big blind to stick it in with and go then go to sleep. Well it turned out I'd wait until my BB. In my BB utg opens for 600 and all fold to me and I stick the remaining 41 in there w/ 10c3c and I am ahead of utg's 67dd until the flop comes: jd7h8c....the turn is the 8d and the river is the Js and my 10 kicker doubles me up to 582....I win the next 3 or 4 hands I play and all of a sudden I feel like I am on a free roll for this seat. I struggle for 24 players all the way to 9 being either the short stack or 2nd shortest stack until 8 handed I double thru QJ w/ AK on a KJ8 board and the very next hand the same guy doubles me up when I have AA. This takes me to 4th in chips with 8 to go and I am starting to think there is now way this is gonna happen. Well after I busted the last 4 players to win the 2k seat I realized that the improbable comeback had happen, assuring that I play in atleast 1 WSOP event in June when we go. I had planned on playing mainly Venetian events, but I must say I am excited to take a shot a what will likely be a 3000 person field.

It looks like the only 2k event will be the day before we leave to come home. It is a 3 day event so hopefully I will be switching my flight at the last minute to stay a few more days. I don't think it would be to hard to convince Jerrard to stay an extra day or week depending on how things go!

I read a few blogs this morning. I find myself wondering how many bullets Gene fired out of his gun yesterday and if any of them connected with anything. I also read how monkey found out the structures about the New Orleans event....I must say I am now kinda excited about it as I was not even planning on going as bad as they have been lately over there. It is really pathetic when I rather drive an extra hour and 15 minutes to go to the Beau b/c Harrahs just sucks that bad!

I did play the $550 at the Beau this past Saturday to no avail. I ran semi deep and busted 28th with 18 being paid. I lost the last 4 or 5 meaningful pots that I played. Always next time I suppose. The cash game that Reid and I played in Friday night had me feeling and looking like a zombie for the first 6 hours of the tournament. I was so drained by the time I busted I went to my room for an hour or so and tried to get myself up to go to the cash tables like 4 times, but never could get going. I ended up sleeping until the morning and then coming home.

Well that's all for now. Good luck to all playing in the Main Event starting today. I hope someone worthwhile takes it down. I am hoping to wander to Shortys tonight. I'll let you know if I do.
Lata

1 comment:

Reid said...

Time to get fitted for your first bracelet!